Compare The Top 10 Antivirus Software of 2017
We tested, compared, and rated the leading antivirus software. Here are the results:
*Fees for virus removal may apply in some cases.
Explanation of Features
- Malware Protection: People often mistakenly believe viruses and malware are different things. Not anymore. Today malware is the umbrella term that covers all malicious software that could infect your PC.
- Low Resource Usage: The goal is a secure PC. The challenge is getting their without slowing your PC down.
- Social Network Protection: Viruses come from all over the place--including social media sites. Even though your friends and family are on places like Facebook and even though they'd never intentionally infect your PC doesn't mean it can't happen accidentally.
- USB Scanning: Threats from USB devices are more common than most people believe. There's this feeling that a USB stick is harmless, but that isn't necessarily the case.
- Email Scanning: From spammers and scammers to threats unintentionally mailed from contacts you know, email-borne threats are still common.
- Easy to Use: Ease of use is almost as important as protection. After all, if the software is hard to use, what's the point?
- Tech Support: One of the most under-appreciated aspects of antivirus software is tech support. Rather than ignore it, we put a value on good support, test it, and rate it.